Trying to stay current on how state and local governmet handles LLC’s and LLP’s? With how quickly laws change in a variety of areas, it’s good to stay current. We at CPA Training Center are providing a comprehensive course to help CPA‘s find information on the latest changes in LLC taxation, non-resident withholding, entity level tax, etc.
More Information on the Course:
I. State income tax treatment of LLCs and LLPs
- States that directly tax these entities
- Check-the-box treatment
II. Non-income tax issues for LLCs and LLPs
- Non-resident partner or member withholding
- Sales tax issues
- Entity-level taxes
- Applicability of net worth- or debt-based franchise taxes
III. Traps for the unwary or potential opportunities
- Involving areas such as asset transfers to or from LLCs
This teleconference will brief state tax advisors and multi-state business taxpayers on what to expect with differing state tax policies regarding LLCs and LLPs. The panel will prepare advisors to work more effectively with multiple state or local agencies and to identify potential problems as well as opportunities.
The panel will explore these and other relevant topics:
- How closely different states follow or depart somewhat from the federal check-the-box regulations.
- Examples of state income and non-income taxation of LLCs and LLPs.
- The trend toward required withholding on income shares of non-resident partners.
- Pitfalls and opportunities arising from different states’ treatment in areas such as non-income taxes and asset transfers.
Following the speaker presentations, you’ll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Upon completing this seminar, you will be better informed about the various ways that LLCs and LLPs are subject to different state tax policies, with the aid of specific state examples.