Internal Audit School
|Find A Class Near You:
||View Dates And Locations For This Seminar
In this intensive four-day seminar you will master fundamental operational auditing techniques and learn how to use a risk-based approach to enhance your audits of the Purchasing, Marketing, Human Resources, Information Technology (IT), Management, Finance, Treasury, and Accounting functions.
You will explore the objectives of major business operation areas and learn how to identify the key risks threatening them. You will find out how to make your audits more efficient and effective and how to use data analytics to gain an in-depth understanding of business processes.
You also will cover such critical areas as the impact of SOX, ERM, and GRC on the organization, uncovering fraud schemes that threaten business operations, and the role of IA in helping management build strong risk management and strategic planning processes.
You will leave this high-impact seminar with the skills necessary to go beyond outputs and to examine the organization's ability to achieve the necessary outcomes.
1. Operational Auditing
- The Definition And Meaning Of Internal Auditing Today
- Essential Elements For Successful Operational Auditing
- The Benefits Of Operational Auditing
- Important Trends Affecting Operational Auditing
- The Impact Of Sarbanes-Oxley, ERM, And GRC
2. Components Of Operational Audits
- The Phases Of An Operational Audit
- The Link Between Objectives, Risks, And Controls In Key Functions
- The Importance And Uses Of Data
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI) And Key Risk Indicators (KRI)
- Identifying Fraudulent Practices
- IT Considerations And Integrated Audits
- Essential Operational Audit Tools
3. Auditing The Purchasing Function
- Identifying Key Risks In The Procurement Function
- Assessing Governance, Infrastructure, Policies, And Procedures In The Procurement Function
- Testing And Monitoring Vendor Relationships, Purchases, And Inventory Management
- Evaluating Vendor Relationships And The Contracting Process
4. Auditing The Marketing Function
- Examining The Marketing Function's Ability To Achieve Stated Objectives
- Evaluating Relationships, Advertising Expenditures, And Sales Activities
- Assessing The Effectiveness Of The Public Relations And Marketing Functions
5. Auditing The Human Resources Function
- Identifying The Risks In The Human Resources Function
- Recruiting, Staffing, And Training And Development Processes
- Assessing Employee Compensation, Benefits Administration, And Succession Planning
- The Role Of HR In Corporate Governance And Promoting A Healthy Control Environment
- Examining Employee Relations, Feedback, And Performance Management
6. Auditing The Finance, Treasury And Accounting Functions
- Reviewing The Finance, Payroll, AP, AR, Fixed Assets, And Budgeting Processes
- Assessing Treasury, Strategic Planning, Bank Accounts, And Systems Integration
- Identifying Fraud Indicators In Financial Reports
- Using Shared Services As A Control And Efficiency Mechanism
7. Auditing IT
- IT Objectives, Risks, And Controls
- Examining Staffing, Strategic Planning And The Infrastructure Within Your Organization
- Reviewing System Access, Data Protection And Backups, Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity, And Your SDLC
- Evaluating The IT Environment Using COSO And COBIT
8. Auditing The Management Function
- Examining Management Tasks And Measuring Their Performance And Effectiveness
- Enhancing The Control Environment Through Management Pronouncements, Examples, And Enforcement Of Policies
- Helping Management Build Strong Corporate Responsibility, Ethics, Risk Management, And Strategic Planning Processes
- Key Considerations For Communicating, Preserving, And Changing The Organization's Culture
- How Internal Auditors Can Act As Control Agents While Preserving Their Independence And Objectivity
9. The Future Of Operational Auditing
- Automating Controls And The Use Of Continuous Auditing
- Helping Management Perform Control Self-Assessments
- Promoting Continuous Improvement And High Quality As A Means To Improve Internal Controls
- Identifying The Best Recommendations That Lead To Positive And Sustained Changes
Prerequisite: You should have first attended Fraud Auditing Boot Camp or have equivalent experience.
Advance Preparation: None
Learning Level: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Classes start on the date(s) posted herein, and run from 8:30am to 5pm daily, except for the last day of class, which ends at 3pm.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CPE|
All US States: 32
|About The Provider:
||Founded in 1978, MIS Training Institute is the international leader in audit and information security training, with offices in the USA, UK, and Asia. MIS' expertise draws on experience gained in training more than 200,000 delegates across five continents.
Helping audit and infosecurity professionals stay at the top of their game has always been at the core of MIS' mission. To that end, MIS has developed and focused its seminars, conferences, and symposia on the wide-ranging needs of internal and IT auditors and information security practitioners who are charged with controlling complex systems and business environments.
MIS' unparalleled course curriculum covers the most up-to-the-minute topics, provides proven audit and security practices, and delivers the information needed to be successful in today's organizations.
All MIS programs are led by industry experts…hands-on pros who have been in the field and who practice what they teach. Attendees of MIS Training Institute events benefit from unbiased practices, proven strategies, and lessons learned in the real-world.
MIS Training Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. NASBA Sponsor Number: 103321
A full refund less a $100 administrative fee will be given for cancellations received 15 days or more before the event. Tuition is non-refundable for cancellations made 14 days or less before the event. You may, however, transfer your tuition to another MIS Training Institute event, less a $195 administrative fee. Transfers are valid for 12 months from the time of initial cancellation. Substitutions are welcome at any time.
Those who do not cancel before the event date and who do not attend are responsible for the full non-refundable, non-transferable tuition.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Seminar|
|Internal Audit School||New York, NV||3/20/2017|
|Internal Audit School||Washington DC, DC||5/15/2017|
|Internal Audit School||San Diego, CA||6/5/2017|
|Internal Audit School||Boston, MA||7/17/2017|
|Internal Audit School||Washington DC, DC||8/7/2017|
|Internal Audit School||Chicago, IL||9/25/2017|
|Internal Audit School||San Francisco, CA||12/18/2017||
Become An Enrolled Agent
Sales &Use Tax Workshop
Fundamentals Of Internal Auditing
Tax Court Exam Homestudy Program
Multi-State Payroll Tax Compliance
Visa (Non-Immigration) For Payroll Professionals
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Project Management Workshop
How To Use QuickBooks
Retirement Plan Training Courses
Comprehensive Income Tax Course with Career Package
MEGA CPE SPECIAL!
Required Minimum Distributions Training &Certification Program