Sales & Use Tax 2013 Workshop
||HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS
||7380 S CLINTON ST
ENGLEWOOD, CO 80112
|Starting Date / Time:
||3/7/2012 - 9:00am - 4:00pm
||View Other Cities And Dates
Get sales and use tax answers that keep your company legal and you out of hot water!
If you have questions about sales and use tax laws, you're not alone. There are 7,500 different taxing jurisdictions in the United States alone, and they routinely tax the same products differently. It's easy to understand why our sales and use tax laws are considered among the most complicated in the world.
- Receive tips and techniques that may save your organization thousands in penalties
- Gain new insights into the most commonly misunderstood aspects of sales and use taxes
- Learn the sales and use tax requirements in your state and all other jurisdictions where you have tax liability
- Discover where to find the latest changes in sales and use tax laws that govern your industry
- Be able to protect your company against audit surprises
- Explore tax savings opportunities and exemptions you may not be aware of
- Understand how e-trade is affected by sales and use tax
- Find out how to streamline your recordkeeping without putting your company at risk
- And even more you'll put to use immediately on the job!
To add to your challenge, state governments are aggressively pursuing new avenues of taxation. Faced with a slumping economy, they want a bigger piece of the revenue pie. Clearly, your job has never been more difficult — or important — to your organization.
Get The Information You Need — Not Generalities!
Some sales and use tax seminars offered by other companies give you a cursory overview of sales and use tax with little of the practical, real-world information you need to correctly handle day-to-day tax questions.
This seminar is different. At the end of the day, you'll leave with essential information you can put to use right away. You'll understand sales and use tax and be able to apply it correctly for your organization. That's a lot of value for the investment of only one day.
Understand The Law And What It Means For Your Company
Master The Mysteries Of Multi-State Transactions
- The difference between a sales tax and a use tax
- The key factors that determine which tax applies in each situation
- 4 types of tax states and how each affects your legal obligations
- Ways to steer clear of the most common — and costly — use tax pitfall
- How to identify where your company has nexus for sales and use tax purposes
- What constitues an out-of-state connection strong enough to incur tax collection responsibilities there
Understand Taxation For The Most Common Transactions In Your Industry
- How to know which tax rate applies when multiple jurisdictions have competing claims
- Internet sales — what the Internet Tax Freedom Act is and how it affects your company
- The possible use of the mail-order use tax on your customers
- How to avoid triggering tax liabilities in other states
- How to know if a vendor is illegally charging you tax
Maintain Records That Stand Up Under Fire In An Audit
- The correct way to value self-constructed assets for use tax purposes
- Common inventory withdrawals that are subject to use taxes
- The most prevalent filing mistakes and how to prevent them
- bWhat tax breaks your industry is entitled to
- Providing services — how to know when you're supposed to pay sales tax
- The often misunderstood general rule on taxation of computer software
- The correct way to treat taxation of transportation and shipping charges
- The best answer to the question: Why are you doing it that way?
- 2 statements you must never make to an auditor
- Recordkeeping essentials — including exemption documentation
- Best practices to ensure you have the right support in an audit
- Where to look for exemptions and exceptions
- When you are personally liable for tax mistakes and how to make sure this never happens
- What to do immediately if taxes have been overpaid
- The consequences of underpayment — important information about what to expect
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
CPE certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CEU|
All US States: 0.6
All US States: 6
|About The Provider:
||Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack, divisions of PARK University Enterprises, Inc., create one of the most respected international providers of professional seminars.
Since pioneering the one-day seminar in 1970 as Fred Pryor Seminars, our organization has built a reputation for high-quality, convenient, and practical business-skills training around the world, in every industry and sector.
Today, with more than 8 million satisfied customers, we continue to pride ourselves in providing the superior training you've come to expect from Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack. Our cutting-edge research and course development are designed to meet the adult learning needs of your employees and your organization.
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are your number one choices for training because we offer:
As we continue to grow, expand, and change to meet client and market needs, we always remember that every individual customer matters and that collectively, they are our most valuable assets. That's why our goal is the same today as it was 30 years ago — to provide the best choice in business skills training with maximum convenience to help you — our customer — achieve success!
- In-depth experience in the training industry
- Consistent and comprehensive course offerings
- High-energy and content-rich presentations
- Multiple training tools, including on-site training, on-line learning, seminars, and A/V products
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
||Contact Us For More Information
Bring This Training To Your Location!
Click Here For More Cities And Dates
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Understanding And Managing Sales &Use Tax
Sales &Use Tax Workshop
IRS Form 1099: Updates And Hot Topics
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Comprehensive Income Tax Course with Career Package
Microsoft® Excel® 2007/2010 Basics
How To Use Excel Pivot Tables
High Impact Excel: Charts
Best Practices For I-9 Recordkeeping
Fundamentals Of Internal Auditing
IRS Rules For Employees With Work Visas
Advanced Auditing For In-Charge Auditors
Payroll Operations: Tips For Developing, Analyzing, And Managing Benchmarks And Metrics
How To Use QuickBooks
Defined Benefit Training &Certification Program