The Essentials of HR Law 2013
||KING OF PRUSSIA
||CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL VALLEY FORGE
||260 MALL BLVD.
KING OF PRUSSIA, PA 19406
|Starting Date / Time:
||3/7/2012 - 9:00am - 4:00pm
||View Other Cities And Dates
Get a new perspective on your HR challenges and new tools for meeting them confidently and legally!
Class Action lawsuits...hints of sexual harassment...regulations for interviewing and hiring. There's no end to the legal pitfalls you face every day on the job, and as a human resources professional, you're expected to stay on top of it all.
Meeting that challenge requires continuing education that keeps you abreast of the latest legal changes along with the best employment practices. That is why this seminar is so important.
In one information-packed seminar, you'll learn what you need to know to handle the legal issues and gray areas you face every day. You'll also learn how to think like a lawyer, so you can anticipate and sidestep problems before they arise.
This alone is well worth the price of the seminar. If you deal with the legal issues surrounding human resources as an HR professional - or even as a manager or supervisor - you need to enroll today!
Legislation, Case Laws, Trends, and Hot Issues
A Fresh Look at Essential Employment Practices
- The most important employment legislation and how it affects your workplace and job
- What you must know about the Americans with Disabilities Act as it relates to interviewing and hiring
- COBRA requirements — an update on the latest changes
Practial Insights into HR Administration and Benefits
- Why how and where you recruit can inadvertently constitute discrimination
- Hiring practices that will stand up under an EEOC undercover audit
- Documentation you must have if you're called to court
- Words you must never use in describing classes of employees
The Legalities of Policies, Procedures, and Employment Handbooks
- Tips to help you avoid common mistakes in meeting the requirements of FMLA
- Up-to-date COBRA changes that affect the way you administer benefits
- New legalities in reporting incentive pay, benefits, and other perks
- How to successfully evaluate, discipline, and correct performance problems among managers
- How to communicate policies and procedures so they will be easy to understand — and hold up in court
- What you must do to ensure that employment policies and procedures comply with the law
- How to recognize legally weak language, unclear definitions, and vague employee rules
- What absolutely must be achieved during employee orientation for legal reasons
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
CPE certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CEU|
All US States: 0.6
All US States: 6
HRCI Recertification Credits
All US States: 5.5
|About The Provider:
||Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack, divisions of PARK University Enterprises, Inc., create one of the most respected international providers of professional seminars.
Since pioneering the one-day seminar in 1970 as Fred Pryor Seminars, our organization has built a reputation for high-quality, convenient, and practical business-skills training around the world, in every industry and sector.
Today, with more than 8 million satisfied customers, we continue to pride ourselves in providing the superior training you've come to expect from Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack. Our cutting-edge research and course development are designed to meet the adult learning needs of your employees and your organization.
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are your number one choices for training because we offer:
As we continue to grow, expand, and change to meet client and market needs, we always remember that every individual customer matters and that collectively, they are our most valuable assets. That's why our goal is the same today as it was 30 years ago — to provide the best choice in business skills training with maximum convenience to help you — our customer — achieve success!
- In-depth experience in the training industry
- Consistent and comprehensive course offerings
- High-energy and content-rich presentations
- Multiple training tools, including on-site training, on-line learning, seminars, and A/V products
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
||Contact Us For More Information
Bring This Training To Your Location!
Click Here For More Cities And Dates
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
IRS Rules For Travel Pay
Garnishments, Child Support Orders, And Other Levies
Sales &Use Tax Workshop
Project Management Workshop
Fundamentals Of Internal Auditing
Advanced Auditing For In-Charge Auditors
Retirement Plan Training Courses
Forensic Certified Public Accountant Designation
IRS Rules For Work Visas
Certified Payroll Administrator
Rules And Requirements For Employee Expense Reimbursements
Excel Training Seminars And Webinars
How To Use QuickBooks
MEGA CPE SPECIAL!