The following provides course information, as well as pricing, author, and educational credit information for the course you selected.
To order this course, click on one of the "Order" options at the bottom of the page.
||Our Certified Estate and Trust Specialist™ (CES™) designation helps lay a solid foundation for estate planning.
This course does not make you a lawyer or help you to prepare legal documents if your client needs a will, trust, etc. (you'll need to partner or refer your clients for those items). This course does, however, help you to better position yourself as the advisor to affluent individuals who have these needs and who can assist with your client's total wealth management.
Practitioners who complete our program will gain the best of both worlds: estate planning ideas plus asset repositioning implementation. By having the Certified Estate and Trust Specialist™ (CES™) designation, you will learn ways to unlock this wealth by providing invaluable advisory services.
Our Estate Planning courses have been written with an eye toward real-world situations. Hence, you will learn the core concepts plus sophisticated estate planning techniques, such as wills, trusts, and more.
Whether you are an accountant, advisor, banker, broker, money manager, or planner, you will reap immediate rewards in return for your commitment of time and study. Because the teaching materials are designed to also be used in your daily practice, each program is updated throughout the year.
Textbooks will be mailed to you, and all exams are taken online. The course consists of passing three online exams and a written case study. On average, it takes students three months to complete the course.
- The CES™ program consists of six modules, designed to be completed within 15 weeks
- Materials include all study and exam preparation
- There are three non-cumulative exams and one case study
- Each exam is based on two modules
- Each exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions
- More than one exam can be taken at a time
- A written case study is required
- The case study is based on a one-page fact pattern provided by IBF
- The case study answer must be two to five pages
- Module I - Ownership, Beneficiaries, Children, Wills, Probate and Living Trusts
- Module II – POD Designations, Life Insurance, Retirement Benefits, plus Estate and Gift Taxes
- Module III – Ongoing, Tax Saving, Generation Skipping, Charitable, and Combination Trusts
- Module IV – Control Trusts, Incapacity, plus Body and Organ Donations
- Module V – Estate Settlement, the First Month After Death, and Deciphering the Will
- Module VI – Managing Assets and Paying Bills, Taxes, and Trust Termination
Tuition includes all materials, exam preparation, online practice exams, standard shipping, all applicable taxes and the final exams.
Textbooks will be shipped to you within 5-7 business days of your paid registration.
This program is approved for continuing education (CE) credit to meet a candidate's professional development requirements. Approvals are subject to change, and the student is responsible for confirming the credits approved for a given state or organization.
Qualifying To Obtain The Certified Estate and Trust Specialist™ (CES™) designation
To view the requirements for the CES™, please click here.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:
All US States: 15
All US States: 60
All US States: 45
All US States: 60
All US States: 60
|About The Provider:
||This course is developed and fulfilled by The Institute of Business & Finance (IBF). After more than 20 years of experience helping more than 15,000 finance professionals earn designations, IBF has developed effective course materials to help you apply core concepts of estate planning to real-life situations.
When you earn an IBF designation, you will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge that can be conveyed to your clients, boosting your credibility and professionalism. As a student, you will have the flexibility to study whenever you like. The expert faculty and staff at IBF are ready to help you earn your certification today.
You have a right to withdraw from a course and obtain a refund of your fees paid within 12 months of enrollment. All returns will be subject to a $200 non-refundable processing fee and $35 shipping/handling fee. If no exams have been taken within the course at the time of cancellation, no other fees will apply. If one exam has been completed, a 50% penalty will apply. No refunds will be allowed once 2 or more exams have been completed.
|Required Volume ||Discount||Discounted Price|
|Qty: 5 - Qty: 9||$50.00||$1,185.00 per unit|
|Qty: 10||$100.00||$1,135.00 per unit|
||Contact Us For More Information
Keywords For This Course:
Estate Planning, Estate Planning Training, BCE