Format: Online Training Course
The following provides course information, as well as pricing, author, and educational credit information for the course you selected.
To order this course, click on one of the "Order" options at the bottom of the page.
||This course will enable you to prepare individual tax returns for the general public, including individual taxpayers who operate sole-proprietor businesses. At the completion of the course, you will be able to complete most individual non-business and small business (self-employed/Schedule C) tax returns and research tax issues.
This course will provide the educational foundation necessary to successfully pass the IRS RTRP Exam (Wage and Non-business Income Form 1040 Examination).
The course contains 20 3-hour lessons. No entrance requirements. It will give you a solid foundation in individual tax preparation, enabling you to complete all of the standard returns.
This course focuses on the majority of tax forms needed to complete tax returns for yourself and the general public. During the course, you should acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to complete federal income tax returns and research tax issues. Two or more tax returns are prepared for most chapters.
Accessible online in the comfort of your own home or office, this course covers the following tax topics:
Quizzes will be given throughout the course, and you must pass each quiz to continue to the next module within the course. A Certificate of Achievement will be issued after all modules have been successfully completed.
- Electronic Filing
- W-2 & 1099 Forms
- Form 1040 (1040 EZ/A)
- Interview Techniques
- Filing Requirements
- Filing Status
- Exemptions & Dependents
- Earned Income Tax Credit
- Due Diligence
- Child Care & Tax Credits
- Interest & Dividends
- Other Income
- Adjustments to Income
- Itemized Deductions
- Employee Business Expenses
- Sale of Real Estate
- Rental Property
- Farm Income
- Capital Gains & Losses
- Education Expenses & Plans
- IRAs & Retirements Plans
- Kiddie Tax
- Tax Saving Ideas
- Alternative Minimum Tax
Updated for 2012 Tax Laws, our Tax Pro Career course includes the following materials and resources:
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Comprehensive Income Tax Course Manual, by The Income Tax School
- Federal income tax reference material
- Certificate of Achievement upon completion
- Hands-on tax training from veteran tax preparers
- Up to 6 months from your date of registration to complete the course
- Information about Tax Preparer Registration
After ordering, you will receive an email within 1 business day that contains your log-in instructions and access to the course. Your Manual will be shipped to you separately, and should arrive within 3-5 business days.
- Prepare most business and nonbusiness individual tax returns
- Pass the IRS Competency Exam
- Perform a thorough interview with a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer's filing status and eligibilty for exemptions
- Accurately report income and deductions for a taxpayer
- Determine a taxpayer's eligibility for credits and deductions
- Compute income for Schedules C, E and F
- Determine depreciation deductions and eligibility for Section 179
- Accurately calculate a taxpayer's refund or balance due
- Advise a taxpayer in tax planning strategies
There are no entrance requirements or educational prerequisites to enroll, so order today!
If you are in the state of California, New York, North Carolina or Oregon, click the link below. These courses include a 15-20 hour state supplement.
Tax Pro Career Comprehensive Income Tax Course w/State Supplement
If you would like to order our Tax Pro Business Package, click the link below.
Tax Pro Business Comprehensive Income Tax Package
We’re so confident you will successfully pass the IRS Competency Exam using The Income Tax School’s course materials; we’re willing to offer a Success Guarantee! In the unlikely event you do not successfully pass the exam you will:
*study requirements apply.
- Repeat your course for FREE using the most updated materials we have available.
- After repeating the course, repeat the IRS Competency Exam within three (3) months or the next available test date.
- If you do not successfully pass the IRS Competency Exam after a second attempt, you will receive a refund*.
Note: This course may be taken independently for professional development, may be used to provide the knowledge needed to pass IRS Competency Test, or can be taken in conjunction with other courses to earn the Certified Tax Professional (CTP) designation.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:
New Hampshire: 60
New Jersey: 60
New Mexico: 60
North Dakota: 60
Rhode Island: 60
South Carolina: 60
South Dakota: 60
West Virginia: 60
|About The Provider:
||The Income Tax School was founded in 1989 by Charles E. McCabe, who has 39 years of executive-level income tax preparation industry experience, as well as many years of professional experience as a teacher and author on income tax preparation and education.
Our Tax School System was first released in 1993 and has been used annually since then by hundreds of tax and accounting firms, numerous colleges, and many individual students wanting to learn income tax.
In 2001, The Income Tax School launched its online tax school and now teaches tax education to students all over the country and beyond. Many of our students are beginners who are just learning taxes for the first time. However, we also have EAs, CPAs and CFPs that take our courses for Continuing Professional Education.
A number of colleges and universities in several states have adopted The Income Tax School materials for their tax preparation continuing education or college credit courses.
||Contact Us For More Information