The following provides course information, as well as pricing, author, and educational credit information for the course you selected.
To order this course, click on one of the "Order" options at the bottom of the page.
||The vast majority of fiduciaries receive little or no formal training, and what little is provided is rarely comprehensive.
Yet, fiduciaries must be able to demonstrate that portfolio assets are being managed prudently, and that sound investment practices are being followed.
The foundation for all fi360 fiduciary products and services are the Prudent Practices for Investment Fiduciaries. Written by fi360, fully substantiated in law and regulations by the law firm of Reish & Reicher and reviewed by the AICPA, the Practices are the definitive guide for all investment fiduciaries. When applied and implemented correctly, the Practices have several key benefits:
Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) Training is the best way to absorb the Prudent Practices, their legal underpinnings, and how to apply them within existing fiduciary policies and procedures. The AIF Training concludes with an examination in order to apply for and earn the AIF designation
- Clarity – The Practices serve as a clear and concise checklist to benchmark current fiduciary preparedness, prioritize needed improvements and measure progress
- Risk Management – By uncovering and rectifying investment and/or procedural risks, litigation risks (and E&O premiums) may be reduced
- Outstanding Client Service – When you achieve fiduciary excellence, those who rely upon you for their financial well-being gain the benefit of processes worthy of their trust
The Web-Based Program
The AIF Web-based program is the pure distance education version of the AIF Training curriculum. This format offers great flexibility and minimal out-of-office time for students. Students receive access to the program automatically, with a registration package following in the mail. Students have 180 days to complete the AIF Web-based program.
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be able to:
This program is applicable to investment advisors, broker/dealers, managers, accountants, attorneys, financial planners, investment committee members, trustees, and many others.
- Articulate the basis for, and benefits of, fiduciary standards of excellence.
- Identify when an individual or organization may be deemed to have fiduciary status
- Identify the legal standards that require fiduciaries to prudently manage investment decisions
- Apply the Practices that define a prudent investment process for Investment Stewards and Advisors and recognize the Practices for Investment Managers
- Strengthen own or clients' fiduciary policies and procedures
- Become an Accredited Investment Fiduciary
- Prudent Practices for Investment Fiduciaries handbook series, associated Self-Assessments of Fiduciary Excellence, Consultant-Assessments of Fiduciary Excellence, and Legal Memoranda
- Complementary 180 day access to the Platinum Toolkit - Student Version
- Related industry texts
- Fiduciary placemat that includes the Periodic Table of Global Fiduciary Practices, Assessment Levels, and the Management of Investment Decisions reference guide
- Fiduciary Key Concepts Reference Card
- Access to digital versions of pertinent electronic files and documents that can be utilized in your office immediately
- The program content is presented in Flash format
- It is best viewed on a DSL, Cable or T-1 internet connection.
- A downloadable copy of the Program slides and script are both available, although online completion of the program is required
- The program will typically take 15-20 hours to complete
Students in the Web-based AIF training course, or those who otherwise cannot participate in the classroom examination, will be responsible for providing their own proctor. To schedule a proctor, contact fi360 directly.
Upon placing your order, please allow 1 business day for your order to process. You will receive an email, from fi360, containing your online instructions to access your program.
We will refund 100% of a training enrollee’s tuition fee provided the course has never been accessed and the 180 day course access period has not expired. If the course has been accessed or is expired, no refund is allowed.
If you would be interested in earning your AIF designation through our live Capstone Program, click below for available dates and locations.
AIF Capstone Program
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:
All US States: 7
All US States: 14
All US States: 7
All US States: 7
|About The Provider:
||fi360 is your guide for global fiduciary insights. With defined Practices as our foundation, we provide world-class training, tools, and resources for investment fiduciaries.
We are the first full-time training and research facility focused exclusively on investment fiduciary responsibility and portfolio management.
||Contact Us For More Information