Investigative Accounting in Divorce provides a solid grounding in every aspect of investigative accounting services in divorce proceedings.
It provides a broad overview of the process of evaluating the true financial worth and cash flow of parties in a divorce while also discussing the working relationship between the accountant and the attorney.
In addition, it offers divorce accountants detailed coverage of all the most important methods and approaches to the distribution of property and the determination of financial support.
Also included are tips on valuation of both client and adversarial assets and on writing valuation reports. All the information divorce accountants need in order to execute their duties is provided.
This includes guidance on:
- trial and pretrial negotiations
- dealing with clients
- documents and documentation
- economic and tax issues
- balance sheets
- expenses and fees
- alimony and support
- and post-divorce services
This is a self-study CPE course.
Upon ordering, you will receive the text material via USPS Priority Mail, generally within 3-4 days; overnight delivery is available for an additional charge. This complete CPE course includes:
- Textbook - written by experts in their field and will make a great addition to your personal reference library!
- Interactive Study Guide
- Test Booklet and Answer Sheet
- Log-on instructions for the taking the Certification Exam online.
The test includes 5 True/False or multiple choice questions for each CPE credit offered (for example, a CPE test worth 20 credits would include 100 questions). A score of 70% or better is required to pass this course; there is no limit to the number of times you may take the exam in order to pass.
After you have completed reviewing the text material, you may take your exam in one of two convenient formats:
- Test Booklet/Answer Sheet - read the textbook, record the answers to the test questions on the answer sheet and then return the answer sheet to us. You may either fax it or simply mail it in.
- Online Testing – log in and take your exam in an untimed, online format (the online questions are the same as those in your testing booklet) - your exam will be graded instantly! Most students fill out the answer sheet as they read through the book, and then transfer their answer sheet online.
When you successfully complete the course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion indicating the course title and how many credit hours you earned.
- Students who take the examination online can print out the Certificate instantly.
- Students who mail/fax in their answer sheet will have their Certificate returned to them (if successful on the exam) by mail, fax or email. Certificates are usually sent within 24 hours from the time we receive your test.
Program Type: This is an interactive, self-study CPE course.
Program level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: None required
Minimum final examination passing grade: 70%
Maximum time allowed to complete the program: One year from date of purchase